About Me

My photo
我爱羅志祥Show Lo 我爱楊丞琳Rainie Yang ♥Lee Minho ♥Kim Hyun Joong Just a typical teenage fangirl

Welcome to My Blog

Where I will be posting CPOP & KPOP stuff like rants, reviews, pictures and many more ^^

Please visit my
CPOP Tumblr : iheartshowlo.tumblr.com
KPOP Tumblr : heartminho.tumblr.com
Weibo : http://www.weibo.com/2009345151/profile?topnav=1&wvr=3.6
QQ : http://t.qq.com/nicolechann?preview

Saturday 12 January 2013

K Drama Review #11 : The Moon Embracing the Sun

HelloooooOOOoooOOOOoOoOoO ! I have not blogged for quite a while now.
Also, there wasn't any dramas that ended recently..
So I decided to watch, "The Moon Embracing the Sun" starring : Kim So Hyun as Lee Hwon, Yeo Jin  Goo as Hwon(15 years old), Ha Ga In as Heo Yeon Woo/Wol,Kim Yoo Jung as Yeon Woo(13 years old), Jung Il Woo as Prince Yang Myung, Lee Min Ho as young Yang Myunng, Kim Min Seo as Yoon Bo Kyung, Kim So Hyun as young Bo Kyung.




Summary & Opinion: Thirteen-year-old Heo Yeon-woo, the daughter of a high-ranking official, accompanies her mother to the royal palace to attend her brother, Heo Yeom's civil service examination congratulory ceremony. By chance, she meets Crown Prince Lee Hwon in the midst of escaping to see his older half brother, Prince Yang-myung. They fall in love and Heo is chosen as the Crown Princess of Joseon. However the Dowager Queen secretly orders her death; in order to install Yoon Bo-gyeong, the daughter of a family clan, as Crown Princess in order to gain more power for herself. She orders head shaman Nok-yeong of Star Mansion to cast a spell on Yeon-woo to stricken her with an unknown sickness. Where upon she is returned home for the last remaining days of her life. Nok-young unbeknown to the Dowager Queen has promised her friend Ari, whom Yeon-woo's mother had saved before she was born, to protect her. So Nok-young secretly visits Yeon-woo's father and tells him how to break the spells. Upon being resurrected from her grave, Yeon-woo lives her life as a shaman but loses her memories. All believe her to be dead, including the Crown Prince Lee Hwon, who loves her and whom she was to marry. Eight years later, Yeon-woo returns as a shaman named Wol. She has not been forgotten by those she left behind, and her fate is still intertwined with Hwon, who is now the king. She must contend with the current Queen of Joseon, the Queen's Father, and the Queen Dowager in order to reclaim her rightful place as Queen of Joseon.

Overall, this drama was really sad, funny, and makes you want to watch all the episodes in one night :)

SPOILER opinion & rant:  I really loved this drama! I knew that a lot of people also liked it but I didn't get around to watching this until now. The two kids from I Miss You is in it and they are such good actors! When they killed Yeon Woo I was like OMGGGGG noooooooo! Spiritual mother whyyyyyy?!?!?!?!? The grandmother and that hairy face guy is soo evil, like grandma you aren't doing much for the kings good. I cried when the father was feeding her the medicine, cause he knows that she's gunna die:'( SIGH so sad. But when they dug her out I was soo happy, but then she lost her memory...typical~ But atleast she regained it. Also, when they said that Yeon Woo was like doing something with the king as a shaman and hitting her on the legs that part was sooo sad and kinda gross and scary. I really liked the king's eunuch he was sooo cute and funny. How the king tells him to face to wall when he gets mad and he's so supportive of the king too! Kim So Hyun was soo good looking in this drama *_* He was really cute when they finally reunited and she was hiding in the king's backroom. How he just wants to see her and decides to "read" in her room. I thought the princess and  Yeon Woo's brother looked kinda awkward cause she's so young, well they were both far apart when they first met I mean she was still a kid whereas he was a teenager. But atleast she saved Yeon Woo's family from getting killed. And it wasn't really her fault that Yeon Woo died, like she was young and she probably thought that they didn't have to kill her to get the Prince. I felt so sad for Yang Myung Prince because he didn't get anything that he wanted, but I kind of feel that the dad still kind of cared for him although he still didn't give him anything that he wanted. When Seol died when they stabbed her to save Yeon Woo's brother OMGGGGGG I just can't. literally tears just came downn so bad, like she was always there for Yeon Woo and they both were like best friends, and Seol helped her with soo much, and she even liked her brother. Also, when Yang Myung Prince died, I was like omggg don't doo it ! Cause he was just literally standing there watching that guy get up to kill him, but the King didn't even do anything he just stood there like OMG, he didn't even command anyone to kill that guy who was getting up to kill the prince...like wth. But when it went through his stomach, that was so sad. He didn't want to block his way anymore to become the king :( And when Hyun Soo was crying , he was crying so good because it was literally like a waterfall, whenever he closed his eyes it was like streams of tears coming down.When Yeon Woo and the King was getting married I was so happy for them and how he was impatient when the servants were pouring the "liquid". I don't blame him, even I thought she was pouring so slow. But he was just like STAHP IT just get out. Also, he was a virgin for 8 years without having le sexy time with the other queen. And the way he pulled her in...OMGAHHHH.. it was so intense. But I kind of felt bad for the ex queen cause although it was her fault for also letting all that drama happen but it was also because the father made her, and I think she did actually like the king. Cliche happy endings are soo gud! And it ended with them kissing. I am satisfied :D omg this is long I shall stop.

This drama is a definite, GO WATCH IT. It had a lot of funny and saddddd moments.
Rate this drama a: 9.5/10

Now I shall conclude my review with my typical drama update. I am still currently watching I Miss You, and it's about to end in one episode, so stay tuned for a review soon ^^ I am also watching school 2013, although its not super duper good but I really like the cast so I shall continue with it. I am watching Cheong Dam Dong alice as well, and its really good I love the main guy he is soo good looking, and when he smiles..omg his smile is soooo handsome ! Also watching the recently broadcasted Flower Boy Next Door with Park Shin Hye and its pretty good and funnny so far I love the Enrique guy he's so cute !!! 
okay that is all, toodle-loossss everybody :)

For more updates on KPOP stuff go to my kpop tumblr which I go on everyday even when I have school
heartlmhkhj.tumblr.com
or my CPOP tumblr which I go on everyday as well, iheartshowlo.tumblr.com
or my asian fashion,food tumblr which I go on regularly, nchann.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers